"Public health is the science and practice of preventing diseases, prolonging life and promoting health through organized actions undertaken by society."The unifying principle of public health is its inherent "social" nature, as well as the fact that it is primarily focused on the health of the population as a whole (WHO).Within the framework of the State program for healthcaredevelopment "Densaulyk" for 2016-2019, the Public Health Service (PHS) is being formed on the basis of the integration of the epidemiological service, the service for the formation of a healthy lifestyle and the rationalization of nutrition.
The main activities of PHS are the management of public health, changes in the direction of maintaining health and behavioral stereotypes of the population through education, counseling, advocacy, promotion of healthy lifestyles based on inter-departmental cooperation of primary health care (PHC) with relevant state authorities (sanitary-epidemiological, ecological, veterinary services).
The main functions of PHS are:
1) increase of the population's awareness and its involvement in measures to prevent and reduce the harmful effects of various environmental factors, unhealthy diet and behavioral risks;
2) provision of epidemiological monitoring of infectious and basic non-infectious diseases, including mental health disorders and injuries;
3) provision, coordination and expansion of intersectoral interaction aimed at protecting and strengthening the health of the population of the country;
4) ensuring control over compliance with legislation and other legal norms in the field of health protection;
5) introduction of international systems for long-term modeling and prediction of disease development at the regional and national levels.
Expectedaccomplishments of the PHS:
- Promoting the health of citizens and society as a whole;
- Increased life expectancy;
- Improve the quality of life;
- Giving up harmful habits;
- Increase the level of literacy for especially dangerous diseases.
FOR THE STATE
- Investments in prevention reduce the cost of medical and social assistance;
- Strengthening health and well-being enhances resilience, employment opportunities and social development;
- Joint responsibility of citizens and their interest in strengthening health;
- A sustainable health system that balances the volume of consumption of services and costs;
- Increase the efficiency of resource use.
- Improvement of the quality of labor resources.
FOR HEALTH SECTOR
- Development of the sector as a whole;
- Reducing the severity of disease treatment;
- Development of information technology.
11. Healthy cities